I was at work, we had a slow lunch and a light prep list. And I was stoned and thinking about the upcoming documentary. Long story short, it was just one of those things that happened without me thinking about it that turned out really well. Since a few have asked for the recipe, I am more than happy to share since it’s the same basic idea as the Makers Mark version.
- Knife and Board
- Standard 9x13x2 baking dish (greased)
- Mixing bowl
- Large Saute pan
- Wooden spoon
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 large Baguette cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 clamshell of fresh blueberries
- 9 eggs whisked well
- 10 ounces (1 ½ cups) milk
- 1 ½ cup of Brown Sugar
- 3 ounces of Makers Mark Bourbon
- 4 Ounces of Butter
Method of Preparation
- Melt the butter in the pan
- Add the blueberries and cook on Medium
- Add about half a cup of the brown sugar and continue to cook
- Once they start to turn, add the Makers Mark
- BE CAREFUL!!!! If you are working with a gas stove it will flame up, just chill the fuck out and let it go out on its own after a few seconds.
- Preheat oven to 325
- Let the mix cook down for a second then remove from the heat and let cool.
- Mix the eggs and milk till completely blended,
- Add the sugar and mix well
- Add the bread chunks and mix well, you want the bread to soak up the mix as much as possible.
- When the apple mix has cooled, add it to the mix of bread and eggs
- Pour into a greased cake pan
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- If you try to make this using anything other than Makers Mark and your oven explodes that is most likely her ghost saying “Fuck You!!!”. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- Make sure the blueberries are cooled before you add them to the mix so that they don’t cook the eggs before you bake the dish.
- Use the foil to make sure that the top of the mix doesn’t burn in the oven.
- Never take good friends for Granted
Want to help me film an indie food Documentary?
We are once again hitting the road to do a series of events across the country and we need all the help we can get.