This is just one of those things that you need to learn to make. It’s a simple staple grain but in comes in hundreds of species so don’t be afraid to play around. This my friends is the ultra simple recipe for white rice.
Mise En Place
- Large pot with a tight fitting lid
- Wooden spoon
- A fork
- 1 cup of normal white rice
- 2 cups of water
Method of Preparation
- Get the water boiling (do not add salt)
- Rinse the rice in the colander
- Add the rice to the boiling water and stir
- Cut the water down to a low simmer and place the lid on tightly
- Wait about 15-20 minutes and check, you might need to let it sit for another few minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
- It’s simple, it’s two to one water to rice. Steam it for 20 minute and fluff
- Brown Rice is a different recipe, read and follow that one