It’s Butter, sugar and flavor plus as splash of milk and it’s your basic frosting for your standard cake. I mean really, are you going to go to the trouble of making the cake on the previous page and then frost it with store bought bullshit? No, you’re going to do it right and make it tasty!
Mise En Place
- Mixing bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- 1 Cup of confectioners sugar
- 4 ounces (1 stick) of butter at room temp
- A splash of milk
- Flavor (see notes)
Method of Preparation
- Mix all ingredients well
- This is a base. The flavor is up to you. Look at what type of cake you’re making and making a frosting that compliments it.
- Add flavor by using extracts, almond, cinnamon, etc.
- Extracts a strong, add only a little at a time and taste the frosting.
- Food color goes a long way as well since we eat with our eyes