This is a classic Seafood dish that’s a long standing favorite with a lot people and it’s easy to make a day in advance if you plan on having guests since it’s served cold. Make sure that you take the time to get fresh seafood for this since quality is paramount in this recipe.
Ceviche uses the citric acid from the limes to “cook” the shrimp and scallops and give it a base flavor. I add cilantro and sriracha for an extra kick. Keep in mind that this is only one variation of the dish.Seaf
Mise En Place
- Knife and board
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 1 pound of cleaned shrimp
- 1 pound of small scallops
- 10 limes juiced
- 1 red pepper, fine diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro fine chopped
- A squirt of sriracha
- Juice the limes
- Mix the cilantro, red peppers and cilantro
- Add the seafood and mix well
- Cover and let sit for 6-8 hours
- You need to let the citrus from the limes work so its critical that you let this stuff sit for a few hours before serving it so that the seafood “cooks” in the citric acid.
- Calamari also works really well for this dish as well
- There are a lot of variations of this so by all means, play with the idea and explore.