I’ve got a lot of history with these given that my first job was as a dishwasher, at a sports bar, in the early 90’s. I have quite literally cooked several tons of these as well as eaten a few hundred pounds myself. The thing is, at most places, when you order wings you only really get a half a wing. The bar I grew up in served the whole thing.
Yeah, you only got 8 to an order but it was 8 big full sized wings that had been baked and then deep fried to perfection. We only had three sauces, hot, medium and mild, not the 20+ you see on the menu at a lot of places because we didn’t need to. The people wanted the wings, the sauce was just a side note. When I cooked them for myself I just tossed them with Salt and pepper and they were amazing.I’m
So basically it works like this.
Take your wings and Brine them overnight so they get plump and juicy.
- Heat up your oven to 350.
- Lay out your wings on a sheet tray
- Season well
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Check with a digital thermometer. Make sure they are at at least 160.
- Pull em and let em sit
- Set up the fryer and heat it to 350
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes until the skin starts to crisp.
- Now granted the Fermented Hot Sauce goes great but the truth is that these are amazing with a bit of salt and pepper but of course you can do whatever you want with these.