This is a modern twist on a simple French Classic that simply means “White Butter sauce” only in this variation, we are going to be using some Cannabis butter which not only adds a nice kick but a subtle flavor as well. While you would normally use White wine for this, we decided to go with some Champagne and a bit of citrus for a slight bit of bite that stands out against the richness of the sauce.
The trick to this sauce is low heat and a lot of attention. Once you reduce the wine, shallots and lemon juice, you need to cut the heat down to low so that it’s just warm enough to melt the butter. If it’s too hot, the sauce will break.
Mise En Place
- About a cup of Champagne or White wine
- 8 ounce of cold cannabutter cut into small chunks
- Half a lemon, juiced and zested
- One shallot
Method of Preparation
- Mince your shallot and heat the pan to Med-high
- Add the shallots, Champagne and the juice and cook until the mix reduces by about half.
- Cut the heat down to low and let the mix cool down for a minute
- Whisk in the butter one or two pieces at a time
- Taste, adjust with salt and pepper and serve immediately
- If your cannabis butter is too strong, you can always substitute part of it with normal butter.
- This sauce goes great with light meats such as Fish and poultry but can also be used with pork as well.
- While not a one hit wonder, this is a great addition to a Cannabis infused meal that also proves that Marijuana is for more than just brownies
- Try using an Orange for the citrus for a slightly sweeter variation.