Chickpeas, garbanzo beans, whatever you want to call em, they’re more than just a base for Hummus or a salad topping. For years I’ve been tossing these in the fryer at work as a light snack. They take all of a minute to cook and they don’t need much other than some salt and pepper.
The other nice thing about these is that they’re hearty while also being both vegan and gluten-free.
- 8 quart pot filled with 4 quarts of fry oil
- A digital thermometer
- A slotted spoon
- A large mixing bowl
- Salt and Pepper
Method of Preparation
- Heat the oil to 350
- Add a hand full of Chickpeas and let em fry for about a minute
- Remove with the slotted spoon and place in the mixing bowl
- Toss with Salt and pepper
- These also go great with Cumin and chili powder
- You really don’t need to add a sauce to these things but I had a request from someone who didn’t realize how messy they would get.
- A little squeeze of lime juice gives em a nice kick too…