I used to like this stuff until I got stoned and ate a large chunk of wasabi and haven’t been able to enjoy it since. But it’s still damn good and well worth the 10 minutes it takes to make it from scratch.
You’re more or less using fresh Avocados as a base and then using other flavors to enhance it. Keep it simple and let the characteristics of the Avocado shine
Mise En Place
- Knife and board
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden Spoon or Whisk
- 5 fresh ripe (slightly soft) Avocados
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 onion fine diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- Cut the Avocados in half by cutting to the seed (its big, don’t try to cut through it) and moving your knife around it. Twist apart and scrape out the good stuff into the mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and adjust to taste.
- Just like Salsa, there is a lot of room for play in terms of both flavor and texture.
- Want it smoother? Fine chop everything and mix with a Whisk.
- Want a bit of a kick? Add fresh peppers.
- Try to not to store this but if you do, make sure you put a layer of plastic wrap directly on top of it or it will turn brown in a matter of hours