This is one more step to the basic simple syrup recipe and is a good way to show you how to adapt the basic recipes into something more dynamic. Yes, I know this sounds strange but this goes really well over ice cream or in a mixed drink
Mise En Place
- Knife and board
- A pot
- A whisk
- A mesh strainer
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- A fist full of rosemary cleaned and chopped
Method of Preparation
- Get the water and sugar mixed and simmering
- Strip the leaves from the stems on the rosemary and give it a good chop
- Add it to the simple syrup and let simmer on low for ten to fifteen minute
- Let it cool and then strain it.
- Play with this basic concept, it’s sugar water that’s infused with flavor. You can do the same thing with fruits, make a raspberry simple syrup or cinnamon syrup.