You really can’t tell me that Grilled corn covered in spicy mayo, crumbled doesn’t beg you to eat it on a hot summer day with some kind of smoked meat and a cold beverage. It’s simple, it’s got a ton of flavor and it’s not as boring as the coleslaw
Mise En Place
- A large pot of water
- A grill
- Mixing bowl
- 4 ears of fresh corn (take your ass to the farmers market)
- 1 cup of mayo
- Chili powder
- Cotija cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 limes
Method of Preparation
- Get the water boiling and pull the husk from the kernels but leave them on to use as a handle.
- Blanch for about a minute or so and then pull and cool down
- Mix up the mayo with a bit of Chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- When you are ready to serve, lightly grill the corn then cover with the Mayo and sprinkle heavily with the cheese.
- Squeeze a bit of lime juice on them and serve while hot.
- If you’re feeding a lot of people you can cut these into thirds as an appetizer.
- Some people like a bit more spice and others don’t so by all means, play with this concept and make it your own.