It really doesn’t get much more classic than this when it comes to sides. Well some people prefer a heavy mayonnaise based dressing I tend to go more for a mustard base. The key thing is to not overcook your potatoes.
- Knife and board
- Medium sized pot of water
- Mixing bowl
- 2 lb of potatoes your choice
- One cup mustard
- Half cup of mayonnaise
- A splash of cider vinegar
- Half a red onion minced
- A tablespoon of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- Clean the potatoes and chop evenly
- Rinse off the potatoes to remove the starch, cover in water and boil until tender. (Do not overcook)
- While the potatoes are cooking mix the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Once the potatoes are tender strain and look cool in the fridge for a few minutes before mixing them with the dressing.
- Taste and adjust as needed.
- The kind of potatoes you use is up to you but I prefer to use small fingerlings.
- Hot mustard or a little bit of pepper work really well with this.
- It also goes great with coleslaw.