My long-standing hatred of Ranch dressing is well documented with my main issue being that it undermines my work. When I make my wings, I brine them, then smoke them and then I fry them, I’m not pulling them out of a box in the freezer. People don’t seem to want food anymore, they just want something to dip in Ranch. So I refuse to serve it and even my staff is aware that hell will be paid if I catch them bringing it in.
At the same time, I do see it’s appeal and how it goes well with spicy food. It still doesn’t mean that I’m going to serve some mass produced shit in my place. This, my friends, is my version of a compromise and people are starting to catch on. It’s made from scratch, it’s got 5 ingredients, it’s a no brainer.
Mise En Place
- Mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 1 cup of Mayo
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- Fresh dill
- Toasted sesame seeds
Method of Preparation
- Fine chop the dill
- Mix the Mayo and the buttermilk
- Add the dill, the furikake and the sesame seeds
- Mix well, taste and adjust
- The mayo and buttermilk are the base of this whole thing and you can add just about anything to change the flavor profile. Get creative and play
- Yes, I am well aware that Sesame seeds are part of the Furikake but I add extra to give the sauce bit more body and texture