If you want to make cheese cake or Sweet Potato pie this is the crust that you need to know how to make. The cool thing is that it’s easy to make. Most people use white sugar but I use brown since it gives the crust a bit more richness. You can find Graham Cracker crumbs most of the time and no, this is not cheating.
The real trick to this is to make sure it has the right consistency . Too much butter and it wound bake solid, too little butter and the crust will be dry. Add a little butter, mix and add a bit more if needed. Unlike the standard Pie crust recipe, this only makes enough for 1 shell
Mise En Place
- Mixing bowl
- Pie tin
- Rubber Spatula
- 2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ Cup of Brown Sugar
- ½ cup of melted Butter.
- Preheat the oven to 300
- Mix the ingredients well with the whisk
- Smooth out evenly into the pie shell with the rubber spatula
- Bake for about 10 minutes, pull it and let it cool before filling
- In this recipe you are only “Par Cooking” the pie crust, this means you are only cooking it about half way and then finishing it when you bake the pie. If you bake it all the way then bake it again it will burn.
- You can take this same basic idea and use it with other types of cookies that I can’t mention for fear of getting sued.