I’ve made this salad 10 different ways on 10 different menus and it’s the same basic components rearranged. The thing is, no matter how you put this together the flavors always work together. The main thing is to always use the freshest possible ingredients. Fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil drizzled in a little Balsamic reduction and hit with some salt and cracked pepper. Summertime……
Mise En Place
- Knife and board
- Balsamic Reduction
- Slice the tomatoes
- Slice the mozzarella
- Stack on top of eachother
- Add the Basil
- Repeat, top with a drizzle of Balsamic
- Some people use big fat tomatoes, other people use little ones, it’s up to you. Some people like to use whole leaf basis and some people like to shred it. Once again it’s up to you.
- DO NOT USE bagged shredded Mozzarella for this, get the real stuff that comes is liquid.
- Watch it with the Balsamic reduction, it’s potent as hell and too much with overpower the rest of the flavors.