This ain’t rocket surgery, in fact, it’s one of easiest no brainer desserts you can pull off when you have a last minute family gathering you can’t get out of. That’s the beauty of this, it’s easy and delicious.
Mise En Place
- Knife and board
- Large pot
- Wooden spoon
- Baking dish
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or rubber spatula
For the filling
- 5 pounds of apples
- 4 ounces of butter
- Half tablespoon cinnamon
- Half tablespoon of Nutmeg
- Tablespoon of salt
For the topping
- 1 and a half cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- About 3 cups of flour
Method of Preparation
- Chop your apples and melt 4 ounces of butter in a pot
- Add the brown sugar and stir, then add the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Cook on medium stirring regularly until the apples are tender
- Melt another cup of butter and add it to the rest of the brown sugar, then add the rest of cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and blend well.
- Mix in the flour until it gets crumbled
- Add the apples to the baking dish then cover with the crumble. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes and enjoy
- Apples come in a wide variety of flavors and colors, find what you like.
- Salt? Yes, salt. It helps cut some of the sweetness and give it some pop.
- Cloves also go great in this but I didn’t have any on hand.